Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bark, not the dog kind.

One of my greatest joys here in Harare is quite literally my own backyard. We are so fortunate to live in a house with an amazing garden, beyond amazing really. Four acres of thoughtfully landscaped gardens, rivaling many small botanical gardens with a range of trees, plants and flowers that, even after a year of exploring still surprises me. My latest jaunt through the garden with my camera found me focusing on, in addition to the seasonal flowers, some of the unusual bark. We are just heading out of winter right now and the trees are just starting to leaf out again, which is probably why I found myself focused on the bark. Once the leaves arrive I will check my flora books and see if I can better identify some of the species. For now, I will share with you my bark collection, to be followed up with the Aug/Sep flowers. Oh and one nice shot of Kodi at his own private water bowl/pond. Love, Shannon









1 comment:

  1. Who knew there was so many varieties of bark? Very cool Shannon. And the pix of Kodi is amazing. Almost looks "Photoshopped". I would frame that one.

    ReplyDelete